Here in 1851 in a wealthy family was born Todor Kableshkov – Chairman of the revolutionary committee in Koprivshtitsa and author of the Blood Letter. After the crush of the April Uprising Todor Kableshkov was captured. He committed suicide in Gabrovo Konak at the age of 25.
The house was built in 1845 in Plovdiv style by Koprivshtitsa master Gencho Mladenov by order of the rich tax-collector Lulcho Kableshkov. The building is distinguished by its symmetrical and beautiful forms, bay windows jutting over the street, beautiful pediment over the closed glazed kiosk, large glazed hall on the second floor, wood-carved ceilings, doors and cupboards.
The museum is open for visitors since 1952. Here is exposed the exhibition of the Community Centre which was given to the museum in 1931. The first museum of Koprivshtitsa tells the story of the traditional life within the town. The current exhibition shows the daily life of the wealthy families in Koprivshtitsa. Narrative and written historical sources tell about the life and work of Todor Kableshkov and represent episodes of the April Uprising and the volunteers in the Russo-Turkish war.
Opening hours for all Museums – Oslekova house, Lyutova house, House Museum Georgi Benkovski, House Museum Dimcho Debelyanov, Complex of houses Lyuben and Petko Karavelov and farm building, House Museum Todor Kableshkov
- During the summer (April 1 – November 1) Museums are open from 9:30 to 17:30.
- In winter (November 1 to April 1) – from 9:00 to 17:00.
The fallowing Museums are closed on:
- Monday : House Museum Dimcho Debelyanov, House Museum Todor Kableshkov
- Tuesdays: Lyutova house, Complex of houses Lyuben and Petko Karavelov, House Museum Georgi Benkovski